10 questions with Martin White of Mercedes-Benz of Poole
Blog by Elite Living HQ.
In the first of a new series of Elite Living Q&A’s, focusing on the leading lights of the local business community, we sat down with Martin White, the ‘Dealer Principal’ at Sandown Mercedes-Benz of Poole. We will pose 10 questions to each blog guest. Thank you to Martin for stepping up and accepting this invitation. Here goes….
1. Hi Martin! Firstly, tell us about yourself! Where are you from, and how long have you been running Mercedes-Benz of Poole?
Hello! I’m originally from Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk. I have been living in running the Poole operations for nearly 4 years now.
2. Have you always worked in the motor trade?
I have worked in the trade for 33 years this year. I worked my way up from sales exec, to general sales manager, for a BMW business by the age of 25. I was the youngest in the network at the time. I have been running businesses for the last 13 years.
3. Where are we most likely to find you on your days off?
Most probably on one of my motorbikes, walking our four dogs at one of our favourite local spots, and spending time with my wife.
4. If you had to drive one Mercedes-Benz model for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I would go for the S500 Convertible.
5. What is your view on the move towards electric or hybrid vehicles, and what has Mercedes-Benz got in store over the next few years in that space?
Watch out – in 2019 it all starts! EQ is arriving…
6. Can you divulge any exciting product launches for 2018 from Mercedes-Benz?
The new CLS, the new G Wagon, the New A Class, and the most advanced in the world – the facelift C Class. Lots of exciting new products to offer throughout 2018!
7. We know you love riding your motorbikes. What make of bike do you ride, and how often do you get out in the open air?
I’m lucky to have three motorbikes. A Harley Davidson 1700 Soft Tail Bobber, a Harley Davidson 48 and a Ducati Scrambler. I will be out most weekends throughout the summer. We have some of the best roads in the country for bikers around these parts. A delight!
8. What interests you most about working in the motor industry, and in particular Mercedes-Benz. What challenges do you face?
The most interesting part of the business are our customers, how fluid our industry is, and the innovation at the heart of the brand Mercedes-Benz. It’s constantly evolving, both with design and engineering. The future see Mercedes-Benz traveling with so many variables in how we drive our cars. Autonomous vehicles will become such a game changer, which include interactive vehicles too.
We’ll end with a few fun questions….
9. If you could choose 4 people from the past or present to have a dinner party with, who would your guests be?
Ooh… I would have to invite Julius Cesar, Barry Sheen, Madonna, and Ricky Gervais.
10. Lastly, if you could choose one superpower, what would it be?!
Speed like the Flash!
____ End of Q&A_____
Thanks for your time Martin! If you’re in the market for a new vehicle, get in touch with us at Elite Living and we will link you in with Martin’s sales team. Expect only the best service and value from Mercedes-Benz of Poole.
Get in touch here: email@example.com